Sunday, December 1, 2019

Making Progress

The past ten two weeks have been incredibly hectic here but, somehow, I have managed to make progress on Book 2: Maestri. I'm now over 12,000 words into draft 1. I know, it doesn't sound like much but it actually is. I'm roughly halfway through Part 1: Prodigy. I've also been tweaking the outline for Part 2: Apprentice. The final two parts of this book are pretty much outlined but I am waiting to finish those plots once I see where my characters lead me in the first half of the book.

I wanted to answer a question that I have gotten quite a bit about this book. The title: Maestri - what does it mean? It is the plural of Maestro, quite simply. It seems not a lot of people are familiar with the pluralization of the word. The definition that is pertinent to the usage here is: a great or distinguished figure in any sphere.

I will leave it at that for now. I wouldn't want to give it all away.

My writing has evolved with this second book. I sequester myself much more than I did while writing my debut. The intensity of this novel requires an extreme focus. I owe it to this book to make sure that I bring my vision to life in exactly the way that it deserves to be treated. I will take my time with it, but my pacing is perfect right now. It's not something that I am rushing, nor dawdling around with.

If you want to know more about where Maestri is heading, then check out Book 1: The Morbid Fascinations of David Bennett.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1701845431

No comments:

Post a Comment