Monday, December 30, 2019

Maestri update

I somehow managed to squeeze in a normal amount of dedicated writing time over the holidays...so far. I did have to stay up late and find some nice, quiet space inside my home to hideaway with my Chromebook but I managed to finish up part 1 of Maestri. It ran longer than I had intended by nearly 10,000 words. I doubt that the second draft will do any kindness to that bloated word count, either. There are still a few parts that I feel the need to flesh out more, in order to properly frame the tale.

Not wanting to write a 200,000 word novel, though, I did revisit my outline. I discovered that I could condense a bit in the next two parts and combine them into one. So, instead of Maestri being comprised of 4 main parts (Prodigy, Apprentice, Maestra, Mentor) I have combined Apprentice and Maestra into a single part and re-titled Mentor into Maestra - with just a bit of plot shifting into the 3rd part as well.

I am hopeful that the finished product will remain well under 150,000 words. Part 1 is outlined to be the shortest section out of the 3, so it will be interesting as part 2 unfolds.

I am already outlining my next project for after I complete Maestri. It is a divergence from horror and into the realm of Science Fiction. Actually, I had already been planning a science fiction book in the universe of David Bennett/Maestri and my next project is a bit of an introduction into that. It will be a series of short stories titled The Parables of Alpha Arteris, which tells folklore from the 5,000 year history of Earth's first off-world colonization efforts.

Cheers to the new year!

If you want to get in on the ground floor of my expanding universe, please check out The Morbid Fascinations of David Bennett. It is the beginning of an expansive, multi-genre tale about the paranormal, things unseen, and the complex world of science.

Enjoy!

Available on KindleUnlimited, Ebook, and beautiful matte finished paperback with cream colored paper: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1701845431

No comments:

Post a Comment