Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Pandemic Kittens

 It has been anything but a boring week here. After adopting baby Reginauld nearly 2 weeks ago we discovered that he brought a feline respiratory virus into the house with him. Our little rescue ragdoll ended up costing us a fair amount of money because we had to run our other kitten and our 12 year old cat to the vet for emergency treatment for secondary infections. Oh, and then we had to run baby Reggie back to the vet because we also discovered that he has ringworm. 

On the one hand I am very glad that he came to live with us because his health obviously wasn't great and I'm not sure how long he would have survived in his crowded foster home with all of his ailments.

On the other hand I am incredibly frustrated with the rescue organization because it was overcrowded and we were given conflicting information on the health of the kitten and other cats in the home -- as well as his vaccination and neutering record. He was advertised as neutered but definitely wasn't (as he wags his junk in my face.)

The moral of the story is do your homework. We thought we did, but turns out that unexpected things can and will happen when adopting a pet. I still have no regrets about it. He's a sweetheart and little Arabella loves having a brother to wrestle with.

I'm still gearing up for the release of Maestra. It's hard to get very excited about releasing a book in the middle of the pandemic. Promoting my book has been very limiting and I feel completely lost without being able to go out and do shows and book signings to promote it. It's not even like I'm pushing a boulder up a hill, it's more like trying to push the hill itself. 

Authors definitely aren't in this to get rich, that's for sure.

All I want with my work is for it to connect with some readers and leave an impression on them, making them think or change the way they perceive the world. When I hear feedback (even negative) I learn and grow from it. It keeps me going.

Thank you to everyone who supports me on this grand adventure. Cheers, and I hope you enjoy the book.

Pre-Order Maestra on Amazon for $2.99 or free on Kindle Unlimited. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08H24LB12

No comments:

Post a Comment