Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Nothing Ever Goes as Planned

 After finishing edits on Maestra I decided to take a 2 month writing hiatus. Should be peaceful, right? It's been anything but.

Last week my family adopted a rescue kitten. This little guy: 

Sir Reginauld Bunnington the First.

Unfortunately, he had a bit of a snuffle when he came home and was on an antibiotic to treat it. Well, it quickly became obvious it was a virus and not a bacterial infection because our other kitten became sick and the crud has now made its way to the other two senior cats, as well. They should recover but baby Arabella, the five month old kitten, had to go to the vet to be pumped full of fluids. Calicivirus is nasty. It leaves them lethargic, high fever, inflamed joints, ulcerations in their mouths, and many other nasty things. So I am here caring for convalescing cats, carrying my senior cat to his litter pan because his joints are so sore that he can't walk.

Even if I wanted to jump back into writing earlier than planned it's not going to happen.

Reginauld is completely recovered and just a happy little ragdoll. He gets along with everyone and loves to cuddle. Not a mean bone in his fluffy little body. He exists to be snuggled. I feel bad that he's going in on Monday to lose his nuggets, but it obviously needs to be done. My Chromebook is his nemesis, though. Whenever it is open he has to lay across the keyboard.

I am slowly fleshing out the outline for my next novel, a standalone science fiction piece. It should be somewhat shorter than my last two offerings. I think it will be great fun. It will definitely be more hopeful in tone than my horror books. 

Time to find out what the next few weeks of hiatus holds for me!

Be sure to check my author page on Amazon for all the latest updates, including links to all my books!

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B07ZGH16ZC

No comments:

Post a Comment