Monday, October 5, 2020

Hiatus Continues, Bathroom Remodeling Fun!

 When Michigan went into a Stay at Home order back in March we were in the middle of a bathroom remodel project. The contractor working on it wrapped up as much as they could in the final day but left a couple of days worth of work left to finish. They promised that as soon as the Stay at Home order was lifted they would be back the next day and finish. The Stay at Home order was lifted 4 months ago. I don't think they're coming back -- especially after the owner blocked my phone number. 

So, my wife and I are going to be handling the mostly cosmetic touches ourselves. A few weeks ago I installed a bi-fold closet door. Next up I silicon sealed around the bathtub. Tomorrow we will be picking up the paint. We had to wait until the end of summer so we could get some relatives to agree to watch our 4 year old while we get project-y. I love my son but he absolutely gets in the way like you wouldn't believe. This morning he went in after I put down the silicon seal and smeared it all over the floor and dug it out of the groove between the tub and the floor. Good times.

To no one's surprise, I haven't done much on my next book yet. Last night I finally made myself sit down and work on some world building. It's not much but it's a solid first step. The way my brain works, now that I have that initial step taken, I will build off from it at a steady pace until I begin drafting later on this month. I'm hoping to finish writing it by June, 2021 so I can actually enjoy a pleasant couple of months of summer weather off from writing before beginning work on the next book in the Concentric Worlds series.

Meanwhile, Maestra is out in the wild and selling surprisingly well. I am eagerly awaiting some feedback on it (good or bad.) I very much look forward to signing copies and meeting fans, again, when the world is a safer place. 

Back in February when I did my last book signing I had no idea that it could potentially be a year and a half before I would be able to do another appearance. This whole pandemic is still so surreal. 

I hope that the world will be a more united place once the virus is gone. I know my country has a long way to go toward healing. We've spent the last several years becoming so divided that life feels pretty hopeless, anymore.

One day at a time. 

Check out all my published works here: https://www.amazon.com/R-M-Smith/e/B07ZGH16ZC/

No comments:

Post a Comment