Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Dreaming of the End

I've been trying to think of something useful to write for a new blog entry over the past week but it's very hard to come up with anything inspiring during these crazy times.

I've been self isolating for the better part of a month now and my state has officially joined others in the 'Stay at Home' directive. So, for the next three weeks I have plenty of time to sit around and do a whole lot of writing...or not.

I am scheduled to begin the second draft of Maestri (possibly Maestra) this weekend. I may pick it up a couple of days early but I'm still trying to recover from the mental fatigue involved in writing 3 drafts worth of manuscripts within one calendar year. Some people can do it with ease -- I'm not one of them, apparently. By the end of draft one I was in dire need of a break.

Over the past week I've read a bit, tried to relax, waited through a bathroom renovation project that was nearly finished before the state shut down, and just spent time working from home at my other job.

The bathroom project came down to the wire on Monday. It's not painted, but it's functional. Just have to wait three weeks for the finishing touches. I keep reminding myself that it could be far worse. There are people scared, sick, dying so it would be extremely selfish to care about something as trivial as a bathroom remodel at this point.

I dream of warm Spring days sitting in my lawn swing with my chromebook on my lap, typing away at the second draft of this book. I also dream of seeing friends, again. I'm incredibly antisocial but I promise to get out more and stop self isolating so much once all of this is over.

If anyone wants to bury themselves in a book, though, not only is my debut available for Free on Kindle Unlimited, but it is also now only 99 cents. I don't expect people to shell out money if they are among the millions out of work right now, and I do appreciate the support if you choose to spend one of those precious dollars on my work. Thank you. Even if you just stop in to read this bland little blog, thank you.

-R. M. Smith

https://www.amazon.com/Morbid-Fascinations-David-Bennett-ebook/dp/B07ZG4N2XB/

No comments:

Post a Comment